Tuesday, May 14, 2013



THE COLOUR OF HAPPINESS
What is the colour of happiness?
I know the sound of it,
laughing kids racing around, calling out, shrieking.
I also know the feel of it,
clinging to the arm of the one you always wanted.
The smell of happiness, uhmmm, not too sure.
But the colour, I just don't get.

Wish I wasn't this whale much daft,
'cause this day nothing can upset me,
Not even when I can't figure out a colour,
seeing and feeling the world this cheerly bright.
If you know the colour of happiness spray me all over
For I want to live deep and long in its loud, fragrant coat.

But, wait for it, am going to get greedy, a wee bit.
Am going to make me even happier still,
by spreading it, cheering up those I meet.
And those I can't, I'll put a smile on their faces.
As for you, any which way you can, throw me a broad one,
smile with a splash of colour, just for me.

No comments: