Monday, December 31, 2007

GIVING 2007 A BLOODY NOSE

I have not been up to it these few months. Wrote nothing since September, bad example. That is because I have been up to something more interesting. I am trying to make sure I hand in my manuscript to my publishers in February. I can't tell you anything about the book just yet, but you can be sure you will be the first to know when it is out.
2007 was not such an ugly year but she had her hang-ups. Real bad hang-ups. And the version of signing off she is doing with some high profile killings by fanatics who do not know the difference between politics and religion, and worse still do not want to know. My faith does not give any excuse for killing any one, not even by accident. And I believe no other religion permits it. And the big shot upstairs that we all profess to worship does not allow for it either. How you guage the evil nature of death and killing is when you lose someone dear to you. As difficult as it is to turn away from the pains the Bhuttos must be feeling, I have to get to my topic. By the way, I lost a cousin, Anko, another cousin Eddus, an uncle Barth, and another cousin Terrisa all in 2007, Terrisa died in an auto accident on Saturday the 28th/12/07. My fair share of tragedy, don't you think?
A lot of things happened in the year 2007, some I loved (I will not bore you with those, you had some of yours too), the ones I'd like to tell you about are the things you failed to do. You may have failed to do them in the year 2007, what ever may be the reasons, that does not mean you cannot do them in 2008. Except of course if the things were meant strictly for the year 2007. In which case it would be quite silly to try doing them in 2008 and losing precious time. Let them go and don't regret them. 2008 is coming with a whole load of stuff that will interest you more than you ever imagined. Keep focused on the daily happenings and be part of the ones you can handle and that will be of some benefit to you. And if you can't be part of them then be on the lookout for the next opportunity, they will come in bounds, don't look back, take a dive. You will come out smelling like a rose and feeling good about yourself.
The trick is if you miss the object, look around where you landed, there is an alterantive lying around you, pick that up, and get about chasing the next big thing. Do not think small, you are worth more than small pickings, though added up small pickings can get to be some mega object. If you are chasing the real big thing and a small picking comes along, take it, put it in your backpack and keep chasing the main thing. Trust me I know what I am saying.
I am going to follow my own advice. Do yourself a favour, follow me. Just don't close your eyes you may miss me at a turn.
Have a great year.
abbah r. agor-agalanga

1 comment:

? said...

nice blog...

great family pics to the right

Dapo Ogundipe